michael a. clark


Hello Friends - I thought I would create an information web site that I could share with people who I have not seen in a while. People I went to school with, served with, and worked with. This is just a little bit about myself, my family, and what I have been doing for the past 2 decades.

I will be posting more pictures sometime in the future... I just have to figure out where I left them.

American High School
First of all, I graduated from American High School, Fremont California, Class of 1983. After graduation, I decided to take the summer off to relax and have fun.

When summer ended, I got a job working for Taco Bell, this job was only to earn some money until I found more suitable employment. After about 4 months in the fast food business, I decided to do something else.

For the next few months I did a few temporary jobs until about May 1984. I was hired at Mission Deli & Catering, as an Assistant Inventory Manager.

September 1984, I signed up for the delayed entry program into the United States Air Force, I was to report for active duty on May 16th 1985. So I continue working until the following May when the day comes for me to report to the MEPS center in Oakland. From there, off I go to Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio Texas, for BMT (Basic Military Training).

After 8 weeks of BMT, I have orders to report to Lowry Air Force Base, Colorado, for Technical School. Here I Go through another 2 months of training in the field of Inventory Management.

After completing Tech School, I received orders for an overseas assignment, next stop ..... JAPAN.

Kadena Air Base
Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan. In September 1985, I am assigned to the Demand Processing Unit, Pacific Logistic Support Center.

Looking back, this was probably one of the best assignments I had while in the Air Force. I enjoyed the culture, the island ambiance, the people I worked with, even the excitement of the Tropical Storms.

I spent almost 2 years at Kadena AB, I'm sure that Kadena has forgotten me, but it was an experience that I will never forget. I am trying to get in touch with some of the people I used to work with, and spent time with. If you're out there, let me know...

PLSC  |   Relaxing  |   Kadena Team  |   Last Day

By the way, HELLO SUSAN, your the first person I've heard from!

Well, the time has come for me to leave Okinawa, Japan. I received new orders, and a new assignment. I am now on my way back to the States, with my next duty station...

United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado. Well, here is where I spent the majority of my military career.

I had official orders to report, but once I got there, they were not sure where they wanted to assign me. I started out for a short time in Cadet Supply in Vandenberg Hall, issuing flight uniforms, sabres, boots, and and other items the Cadets needed.

After about 3 weeks, I was officially assigned to Mitchell Hall, aka the Cadet Dining Hall. Here I would spend the next 6 years as Supply Clerk, Warehouse Foreman, Materiel Support Supervisor, and then the illustrious position of NCOIC, Materiel Support Division.

I was mainly responsible for everything in the dining facility that the Cadets COULD NOT eat. Everything from tablecloths and office supplies to walk-in ovens and mobility gear.

During the Gulf War, Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm, I was part of the Prime RIBS mobility team, and then later assigned to the Prime BEEF mobility team. Here my responsibilities changed to include managing mobility supplies (cots, sleeping bags, tents) 2 MKT's (Mobile Kitchen Trailers), and chemical gear (chemical suits, gas masks, etc.)

I was also heavily into studying Tae Kwon Do. I was really getting into this form, so much that I was spending about 3 hours, 4 or five days a week training.... Although, the best part of this assignment had to be meeting my future wife, Airman First Class Deborah Cranford.

US Air Force Academy
Travis AFB
Travis AFB, Fairfield, California. March 1993.

This is where we concluded our military career, with active and reserve duty concluded for both Debbie and myself.

I was also working at Viking of California, a local vinyl and aluminum window manufacturer. I was the Receiving Foreman in charge of the Receiving and Stores Department. I was working here until I applied for yet another position at ...

Packard Bell NEC Spring 1995, Starting off at a brand new computer manufacturing plant was a little shakey. The position I was applying for was "not available anymore" (until 1 week later), so I accepted a position as a data entry clerk. 3 months later I took over the Spare Parts Stockroom as Stockroom Lead. After about a year and a half, I FINALLY got the next available Inventory Specialist position.

Being responsible for the inventory accuracy of computer components in warehouses was my primary responsibility. Now comes the good part...

October 1997, I applied for and got an Desktop Support Analyst position in the MIS dept. This was a position that was absolutely PERFECT, I was managing the MIS warehouse, and working on computer systems. I was doing something I knew a lot about, and I was doing something I wanted to do.

But, all good things must come to an end, the parent company, NEC, decided that Packard Bell was costing them too much money, so on December 31st 1999, they closed down the plant and out of about 1700 people, 1500+ were relieved of their positions.

Packard Bell
Packard Bell

Well, Happy New Year, Happy New Millenium, Happy New Job... DST Output, this is where I am now. When I first joined this company as a Systems Analyst, a handful of others and myself created a new department called the ITL, the Independent Test Lab. This new department was created to test new software before being rolled out company-wide. Unfortunately, this only lasted about a year and a half. It turns out other departments felt threatened by having an independent department testing their software. They believed their software should be tested by their own people. Good thing Microsoft doesn't do it that way, huh?

Then, I was a Systems Analyst in a department called IT Tools & Standards which covers research, evaluation, development, and deployment of software. Which basically means we create new applications and test new software before it gets released to the company.

Now, I am a Systems Analyst/Network Administrator in a department called Systems Management which supports UNIX & Windows Operating Systems in a Production, Development & UAT environments. I also have a few other job titles that I usually assume daily in addition to normal duties: Desktop Support Technician, Web Developer, DBA, LAN Administrator, and just like while serving in the Air Force, "and other assigned duties".

Well, looks like I just couldn't stay away forever...

Yup, you got it, I am back in the military. I have re-enlisted into the Air Force Reserves, and am stationed out of Beale AFB as part of the 940th Air Refueling Wing, Logistics Readiness Squadron.

940th LRS  |   Chemical Training  |   Commanders Call  |   Fit to Fight    

Beale AFB

Airman to Staff Sergeant

Just a little additional information about myself and my family.

Status: Married
Spouse: Deborah
Children: Brandi
Residence: California

Hopefully as time goes on, I will update this page with any new information. I check my e-mail everyday, so if you would like to drop me a line, please feel free, even if you have any comments or complaints.

I am also interested in any pictures you would like to share.

Thanks for visiting.

If you are interested in finding friends you went to school with, check Classmates and Reunion and Alumni.

If you are in currently in the Military, or a Veteran, check out this Military site.

Copyright © 1999-2007 Michael Clark. All Rights Reserved.

sorry, no link here...just thought it looked good with the stars.